Monday, November 16, 2009

STORY : Epilogue


Before i post the chapter, i decided that with my reviews of restaurants and movies and books, i will post on a weekly basis a chapter of a story i am writing. Enjoy.

------
“Defend thee stranger from thy enemy, defend thee friend from thy stranger, and defend thee family from thy friend.”


“To the bearer of this letter,
I write this letter, my will, my testimony or better said, this is my confession. A confession that one-day will either bring great shame to my name, or hopefully a bards song.
It has always been a philosophical debate whether the end does justify the mean. I have always stood in the middle concerning this matter, different situations require different methods and each method has its own. Some matters require extreme means to acquire the needed result, while others need small well thought plans to get it.
A simple example of that is, one has a chicken farm that is daily raided by hungry coyotes that not only attack he chickens but also tend to harm the farmer and his family;
1) As an extreme measure you decide to grow potatoes and therefore kill all the chickens in the farm, preventing both attacks on chickens and your family, this is a case of extreme measures.
2) You build a well-supported strong fence around the hen, while also employing the eyes of a watch dog, a case of simple thought that saves the luxury of your chicken farm.
In both cases the end was meant but in option one, the farmer lost his ambition of being a chicken farmer and changed his trade in order to rid himself of the wild coyotes. In this circumstance the farmer should have opted for the second alternative. A well thought out plan with few casualties and maintaining of the chicken farm.
This is where my story begins, in my current state of affairs, although it Is my high belief that should anyone be reading this it means that something has befallen me and I am no longer able to explain it myself.

It is always my belief that a father knows what’s best for his child, and it is his duty to care for that child with each father executing his own unique technique into raising that child and molding him into a person ready to serve both family and community.
A leader, a king is the same concept. Rule justly, provide care, provide rules, benefits and rewards, all those will benefit the community both morally and for the future. To know that one has a higher power caring for them and helping them necessarily is a comfort that everyone is entitled to.
Sadly that is not the case in my city. In my city money hungry tyrants rule us, a royal family that has plagued this city and its people with harsh treatment and ill care. One cannot even utter the words unfair, unjust, to do so one must face criminal penalty usually death or my favorite banned from the city.
You might say that being banned is far better off than death; I disagree. When one is surrounded by pure desert, without any supplies and the nearest place you can call a village is 300 miles away, my dear reader you are already dead without knowing it.
It was the third year of King Soliman’s reign. I was born into a traders family, my father was the local raw materials importer. Whatever the local shops needed for raw material, my father provided, so you could say we did well enough, especially if you count the taxes, and a third of the profit goes to the royal family.
This is not a diary; this was a small taste of what the people and my family went through under this royal family.
Through the years I have devised a plan, so great and yet that had me pay such high penalties that I believed will change the city forever. It did.
Through this scheme, I have been disinherited by my family, I have lost all my friends, and I have lost myself.
The confession that you have been waiting for reader is this….
I, Qaiser ambassador to the city of Madeeha, have completely over thrown the royal family.

Qaiser Theab
Madeeha Ambassador

No comments: